Outstanding in character and build, the latest Big Bang Rainbow editions are 100% on brand and on trend.
Colourful gemstones are contrasted with an intense black dial against the warm tone of Hublot’s exclusive King Gold mastered by its own Manufacture in not just one but two editions of the Big Bang Rainbow. These bejewelled watches inspired by the brand’s 2022 bestseller, belong to a line of creations that attest to Hublot’s know-how in complications, manufacture movements and state-of-the-art materials.
Since the Big Bang’s launch in 2005, it’s lived up to the brand’s approach to watchmaking – ‘Be First, Unique and Different.’ Likewise for the Big Bang Integrated Time Only King Gold Rainbow and the Big Bang Integrated King Gold Rainbow, which can be difficult to distinguish at first glance:
- Both are Rainbow models fully paved from the case to the bezel to the bracelet in translucent gemstones – ruby, amethyst, blue topaz, tsavorite, and sapphires in pink, orange, blue and yellow – laid one by one, by hand, to form a perfect gradation of colours.
- Both are cut from the same alloy: King Gold, exclusive to Hublot, and offering a warmer shade of gold compared to traditional 18K 5N gold. Containing platinum, it lends itself perfectly to all the polishing and satin-finishing operations used to full effect on
these two variations, alternating flat satin-finished surfaces and polished chamfers whose brilliance sparkles in harmony with each of the gemstones set on the piece
- Both share the same completely black dial, including the main plate, flange and date window, forming the perfect backdrop to the rainbow jewels
- Two large skeleton hands and a gold crown over-moulded with black rubber form two “ears” at either side at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock. The case and bracelet are perfectly seamless in style, material, colour and comfort.
Despite their striking similarities, these non-identical twins each have their own character:
|Big Bang Integrated Time Only King Gold Rainbow||Big Bang Integrated King Gold Rainbow|
Case: 128 coloured gemstones
Bezel: 48 baguette-cut coloured gemstones
Strap: 748 coloured gemstones on its strap
Case: 120 coloured gemstones
Case back: 54 baguette-cut coloured gemstones
Bezel: 54 baguette-cut coloured gemstonesStrap: 768 coloured gemstones
MHUB1710 Self-winding movement
Frequency (Hz): 4 (28’800 A/H)
Power reserve: Approx. 50 hours
Number of components: 185
MHUB1280 Unico Manufacture, self-winding chronograph flyback movement with column wheel
Frequency (Hz): 4 (28’800 A/h)
Power reserve: Approx. 72 hours
Number of components: 354
The Big Bang Integrated Time Only King Gold Rainbow, in particular, also marks the first time a 40-mm case is available on the Big Bang since it was unveiled in 2022. Compact and edgy, the movement, three hands and date fit this dimension exactly. At just 9.25 mm in thickness, it is the perfect fusion of Haute Horlogerie technicity and Haute Joaillerie levity.
A fully paved Big Bang is a highly accomplished technical feat of gem-setting but, thanks to its explosion of colours, contemporary character and bright, sparkling personality, it is an exuberant accessory that confidently takes centre stage. A pairing that is 100% Hublot.
– Ricardo Guadalupe, Hublot CEO
Images courtesy of Hublot, artwork by Curatedition. All rights reserved.