Beauty combat well covered.
Some of us may remember the fun and colourful Maison Kitsuné x shu uemura Christmas holidays collection in 2015. Along with the gorgeous, cartoon illustrated packaging, it was the perfect gift for the make-up obsessed. So it is safe to say that when news broke of another collaboration, the excitement hovering in the air was palpable.
For those unfamiliar with Maison Kitsuné, they’re all about reinventing classics. It was created by Gildas Loaëc and Masaya Kuroki in 2002 to showcase their contemporary vision of fashion influenced by a Paris-meets-Tokyo aesthetic. The elegance of France with the simplicity of modern Japan came together to a perfect balance between comfort and minimalism, a proposition that resonated with many. Maison Kitsuné has expanded since and now directly owns and operates stores in 16 locations across Paris, New York City, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hong Kong and Honolulu.
This summer, they’re back, bolder than ever with #mycamostyle. The French lifestyle brand and Japanese beauty company shu uemura have come together to fashion a playful capsule collection inspired by the classic camouflage trend, with a twist. The iconic “Camo Fox” print that Maison Kitsuné (kitsune means fox in Japanese) is known for is heavily featured on the packaging, along with lipstick marks and Mt. Fuji, a nod to the history of the brands.
Gear up as we bring you through the limited edition range
- Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte: a matte formula that goes on ultra-smooth and comes in 16 shades, with 9 new shades added. This collection has colours such as coral and khaki – bright, bold shades that will help you create edgy chic or casual looks that match your street style camo fashion.
- Shu Uemura’s other matte formula lipstick – the must-have Matte Supreme: Choose from a total of 8 (to include 5 new) long-lasting, intensely pigmented and smudge-proof shades.
- Camo Eyeshadow Palette: a delicate mix of sun-torched and vibrant hues in the modern women’s survival kit. Expect to be able to build up a dense powder pigment with a combination of Shu Uemura’s best-selling eyeshadow shades.
- shu uemura’s iconic naginata angled tip Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil returns with the two trendy shades, Cool Gray and Dark Orchid to amplify your look. (P.S. Your brows will look groomed and refined to perfection.)
- The cult-favourite silky smooth Shu Uemura new ultime8∞ cleansing oil that promises to effectively remove all impurities without the need for double cleansing.
With shu uemura’s best-selling cleansing oil, creamy matte and liquid matte lipsticks, eye pencils, and an eyeshadow palette, all in bold and trendy shades in a single collective, we say you are well covered.
The Maison Kitsuné x shu uemura #mycamostyle collection is now available islandwide in stores and on shuuemura.com/sg