I have received an overwhelming number of requests for a twilly bow tutorial for the Kelly.
Here it is, a tutorial for not just “How to Tie the Twilly Bow Knot”, but “How to Tie that Perfect Twilly Bow under 40 Seconds”.
There are three possible staging outcomes of this tutorial:
- You can watch the tutorial, attempt it, and with practice I am confident you can master the bow knot in your own time; or
- You can watch the tutorial, and read the following two very important tips before you attempt the exercise. If you applied the tips, I am confident you can achieve your perfect bow knot in 40 seconds or less, in no time.
- If you have attempted all of the above, and is still encountering difficulties, DM me.
Pre-Knotting Tips for the Perfect Twilly Bow:
- Use the correct end of the twilly to start (see image below). This matters, if you would like the tucked-and-secured end to be secure, and not unravel as you carry your bag through the day. And, it ensures that you wrap the twilly in the right direction for that perfect bow knotting finish.
- The wrap direction. You want to start from the handle base, and wrap the twilly clockwise, to the other end of the handle. This ensures (1) ease of finishing the bow knot, and (2) the bow stays facing the right direction as you wish it to.
Click here, or image to start tutorial.
I hope you will find the tutorial useful, and I would love to hear from you after you try it!
The Twilly Bow for the Birkin is a variant from that of the Kelly Twilly Bow, and I will be happy to work on a tutorial on that too sometime, if you like.
Let me know what other #happybagfit tutorials you might be keen on. In the meantime I have linked some past tutorials for your easy reference. Click links or images to start the respective tutorials.
1. Regular knot twilly on Kelly (this can be applied for the birkin too):
2. Shortening the Jypsiere for use as a shoulder tote:
3. Twilly braid to create a bracelet:
All images courtesy of @happybaggage.