Louis Vuitton’s pre-fall 2018 collection celebrates the subtle combination of chic and cool, reflecting our dynamic yet fast-paced way of life.
This pre-fall, luxury is in the details: eyelets shaped like a Monogram flower; leather laser-perforated with Louis Vuitton micro-flowers. Buckles and straps pay homage to high leather-working, honouring the House’s trunk-making expertise.
The Pre-fall ready-to-wear collection continues to reference the Maison’s Spring-Summer 2018 silhouettes in the form of flowing shapes and silk sleeves, and the sporty “Curve” trainers – now with ankle-length socks.
Here is a closer look at the bags, the new as well as the updated renditions of Louis Vuitton classics in monogram canvases mixed with leather.
1. Trunk-inspired Petite Malle clutch. Once again, Creative Director Nicolas Ghesquiere’s playfully reinvents the House’s iconic shape in their finest materials. The Trunk Clutches appear in Monogram canvas mixed with Monogram Reverse canvas, and epi leather bags in pink, white, red, and a classic black. The clutch comes with a removable adjustable leather or chain strap so it can be worn over the shoulder.
2. Hat box-inspired Petite Boite Chapeau in new versions. Created in the 19th Century, this nano version was first seen on the House’s Cruise 2018 runway show. Hat boxes hold a special place in the House, coming from its rich heritage of manufacturing old school travel bags. In this collection, the Petite Boite Chapeau has a short black leather handle with a buckle, a luggage tag attached, and can be worn crossbody with its removable adjustable strap.
3. Speedy-inspired Speedy Doctor that fuses the monogram canvas with contrasting black leather. The Speedy Doctor is birthed from one of the House’s it-bags, the Speedy (first designed in 1930). For pre-fall 2018, it is made of Cuir Orfèvre calf leather and has a structured silhouette with a clasp metallic closure.
4. The City Steamer, first introduced during the Cruise 2016 runway collection, has updated renditions each season. For pre-fall, you’ll see a mix of leopard print, corduroy, leather, and the Monogram Canvas.
5. The iconic LV Twist that features a modern interpretation of the turn-lock design, is also playfully updated for pre-fall in leopard print, leather, and the House’s classic Monogram Canvas.