Six key bags from the Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 18 collection, and what you must know about them.
This pre-fall, Bottega Veneta continues the thread of exquisite fresco hues that defined their Spring-Summer 2018 collection. The ready-to-wear included patterns, with layers of shiny multicolored pailettes trimming bright cotton pique coats. Dresses in floaty French lace and washed silk are light and unadorned, a departure from the embellished workwear silhouettes from the Spring-Summer collection.
Pre-fall also sees the addition of colour, new techniques and intricate details to the women’s bags. Here are six key bags from the collection, and what you must know about them:
- The Cabat is the Spheres’ tactile masterpiece – adorned with over 1400 hand-placed spheres to produce a 3D cascading effect, complete with a seamless interior. New Cabat totes this season come in luxurious Mist and Nero nappa.
- The City Knot is reinterpreted using two Shadow Karung leathers, joined by zig zag stitching. The bag is finished with a smooth nappa leather trim and nappa buckles in a lighter contrasting shade.
- The City Knot and Knot Clutch also come in the season’s new potent color palettes: sunset yellow and Monalisa purple, respectively.
- The Olimpia Knot and Knot clutch are made using the Intrecciato Club Stitch – striped intrecciato with of oversized ayers stitches. The Intrecciato Club Stitch is a labor-intensive workmanship that requires 238 eyelets and 10 meters of ayers for the Olimpia Knot; and 120 eyelets and more than 5 meters of ayers for the Knot Clutch.
- The Chain Knot has a distinguished new workmanship called Intrecciato Imperatrice, a take on the popular Intrecciato Imperatore workmanship used for mens bags.
- The Piazza bag is reborn with a touch of tricolor shine, designed in three new tones of Nappa Antique for a discreet metallic effect, and finished with the signature checker woven shoulder strap.